One thing I love about the internet is all the people who are joining in conversations and sharing each other’s ideas. It’s a way to encourage your friends far and wide, to learn new things, and to be challenged to grow. So here’s to sharing the love!
- Lauren and Danielle are from my hometown. These two beauties inspire me with their art work and commitment to living lives full of beauty.
- This post on hospitality is similar to my experience since moving from a teensy weensy apartment into a more spacious duplex. Hospitality is about sharing life, not impressing guests. Can I get an AMEN?!
- Jen Hatmaker’s article about the Baltimore Riots challenges me to try to love and get to know the black community while not jumping on the bandwagon and trying to pretend I understand what it is like to grow up any other race than white in this country. On the flip side, Allen B. West’s thoughts on the riots reminds me that we have to hold one another accountable to our actions, despite the hardships that drive us to unhealthy ways of coping.
- This post about fad diets and religion challenged me to think about why food is always at the forefront of my mind. Although I do suffer from food related inflammation, I recognize that the choices we make about what we eat are not always about physical health.
- She Reads Truth is a great devotional to follow. Today’s reading reminded me of all the emotions I felt after visiting Honduras my sophomore year in college. Jesus said, “Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God” (Matthew 19:24). As an American Christian, I’m starting to understand why…
- And finally, this is my jam today!