It’s November. 2015 is almost over. Am I the only one struggling to grasp that?!
Last month, my goal was to get by. This month, I’m a little more ambitious…emphasis on a little. I’m starting to feel better. I’ve crawled into the second trimester this week, and wonderful things are starting to happen. Though morning sickness is still way worse this time around, I’m not sick 24/7 now, and I have energy to do more than survive. What’s even more exciting than that is the kicks and rolls I’m feeling in my tummy. I’ll be 15 weeks tomorrow, and I’m already feeling this child move consistently. Can anyone say second child?! It’s crazy how different the first and second pregnancy can be.
I have some simple goals, but even simple ones can get you excited to conquer your list.
- Learn more about and foster a continuous brew kombucha. I followed this method to grow my own SCOBY, and then I read about continuous brewing, and the lazy foodie in me thought that sounded great. I found this adorable container at Big Lots this week. The ones at other stores were $30+. Life doesn’t have to be so expensive, if you’re willing to look a little harder for deals!
- Make homemade toothpaste. I’ve been out for a month, at least. I’m telling you, my teeth were whiter, stronger, and less sensitive when I was using the homemade kind. Plus, when Josiah uses it, I don’t have to worry about him swallowing it, because all the ingredients are edible…unlike fluoride!
- Get back to my spiritual disciplines. Morning sickness is a beast, and I gave into it 100%. I mean, I really did the minimum in life for about two months. I’m sure Dustin would agree that it has taken a toll on my emotional and spiritual attitude. I’m so thankful that God is faithful, even when I’m not, but I really don’t want to be a slacker Christian. It’s not a joyful way to live, and it certainly doesn’t please the heart of my LORD.
- Be WAY more consistent with homeschooling Josiah. Like a lot of homeschool mommas, I don’t think 4 year old preschool is even necessary, as kids are learning constantly through play. However, Josiah is so much like me when it comes to school. He LOVES to learn and is a total sponge. Besides learning, I can tell it’s a way of bonding for him. He loves that special time in the day when he has my full attention. I don’t want to miss these precious opportunities.
- Organize Josiah’s homeschool area. Although learning happens everywhere, we do need an organized area for supplies, lest I go crazy before this baby arrives.
- Follow Clean Mama’s simple guide to keeping my house squeaky clean.
- And lastly, try to enjoy this pregnancy and all that comes with it. Hormones have made me a little crazy lately, and this week, I was blessed to enter that precious stage when every moment of the day, I feel like crying…for no reason and every reason at the same time. For your reading pleasure, here are just a few things I’ve been tempted to cry over in the last 24 hours:
- I want to watch Gilmore Girls all day, but I can’t.
- I’m feel worthless, because all I want to do is watch Gilmore Girls.
- There’s too much junk on the bookshelf.
- I have to wash dishes.
- I’m just so tired.
- I’m stuffy because the heat keeps coming on.
- I missed the black dress memo for the bridal shower today. Um, I don’t own a black dress that I can even wear right now, so that’s moot, but still felt like crying.
- Two beautiful kids are getting married. Why did they grow up so fast?! It’s so wonderful and heartbreaking!
- I don’t want to fix my hair.
- Makeup is too much work.
- The bathroom smells funny.
- Dustin has to go to work.
- I have to make dinner.
- The art show last night was so beautiful. I can’t handle it. So much talent in one pla-ha-ha-hace!
- I miss my big kitchen, especially the teal walls.
- Josiah was such a cute baby.
- Josiah has grown up so fast, and this baby will too-hoo-hoo!
Being a woman is beautiful, is it not? Hormones, ugh. I hope that list made you snicker, not think less of me. I get points for never actually crying, right? I even managed to compose myself for an art show last night. It was so encouraging. Art. Love.
I hope your November is full of thankfulness, good health, and fun with your family and friends. God Bless!